MBBS in Ukraine Quora Answer to the most asked FAQ on Quora
Do Indians with MBBS from Ukraine appear in MCI screening test?
National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducts Foreign Medical Graduates Exam (FMGE) commonly known as MCI exam or MCI screening for foreign medical graduates. This is a basic exam for an Indian citizen who has gained his Medical degree from outside India. FMGE was mandatory in 2002 as an MCI screening test for all foreign medical graduates. MCI registration for foreign medical graduates can happen only after passing FMGE.
Would you advise an international student to study medicine in Ukraine? If so, why and what universities? If not, why not?
Of course yes. Ukraine is being one of the good countries to offer a quality medical course.
Why you should study in Ukraine
The government of Ukraine makes it a point to ensure that the universities in Ukraine offer the best possible education to the students who wish to pursue MBBS in Ukraine. Ukraine lays emphasis on practical training to make sure that the students are up to date with new techniques and methods. Also, the standard of living and cost of education in Ukraine are easily affordable. Indian students who are looking forward to studying Masters in Ukraine are at much ease as higher education institutions are either government subsidized or privately owned which means that the government helps the student in pursuing your higher education after you reach your college years.
The MBBS course in a good number of colleges in Ukraine is approved by the Medical Council of India. The undergraduate course of MBBS in Ukraine is of 6 years. The foreign students get to study in English at Ukrainian Universities. Every academic year is divided into two semesters- spring and fall. The students are encouraged to participate in a number of extra-curricular in Ukraine. The cost of living and cost of education in Ukraine is easily affordable.
Advantages of studying in Ukraine
Advantages of studying in Ukraine are:
- The quality of education is very good.
- The cost of living and cost of education in Ukraine is easily affordable.
- Student exchange programs are organized with various healthcare establishments within the EU as well as outside it.
- The institutes in Ukraine provide hands-on practical training in the best private hospitals in Ukraine.
- The admission process for MBBS in universities and colleges in Ukraine is quite simple without any hassle of admission exams or entrance exam in Ukraine.
Some of the Top MBBS universities in Ukraine are
1. Kyiv Medical University of UAFM
2. Ternopil State Medical University
3.Bogomolets Kyiv National Medical University
4. Vinnitsa National Medical University
5. Odessa National Medical University
6. Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
7. Kharkiv National Medical University
8. V N Karazin Kharkiv National Medical University
9. Bukovinian State Medical University
10. Lviv National Medical University
Which are the cheapest university and place in Ukraine for an MBBS?
There are many good Government universities in Ukraine where you can take admission at cheap prices and the cost of living is also affordable.
Some Good options are :
In Ukraine, the duration of MBBS in 6 years and the total expenditure would be around 25 Lacs INR approximately including fees, food, hostel everything for 6 years. Some where around 4 Lacs per year approximately.